UKC

Limestone in nick in the Peak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HenryC 02 Mar 2014
Looking to go and clip some bolts (not adverse to limestone trad) next weekend in the Peak. Are any of the crags/quarries in nick? Looking at mid 6s to see what the winter climbing wall sessions have done.
 Jonny2vests 02 Mar 2014
In reply to HenryC:

Beeston Tor is nice this time of year if the sun's out. Trad though.
 llanberis36 02 Mar 2014
In reply to HenryC:

Takeaway wall at intake quarry is always worth a look, we were there yesterday in the sun, all routes dry. Ideal venuen ,9 routes from 6a to 6c short and technical
 J B Oughton 02 Mar 2014
In reply to HenryC:
There's a few new decent lines of Gary's at Garage Butress at Stoney which are all in good nick, as well as the newly developed Stoney West. I haven't been but I here it's better than somewhere like horseshoe.

Lots of routes in the 6's on natural(ish) rock, it's pretty rare for the peak! Also all the rest of Stoney is dry too if you want some trad.
Post edited at 09:51
 llanberis36 02 Mar 2014
In reply to HenryC: horseshoe is again worth a look if forcast uncertain, dont listen to people that say its rubbish until you have climbed their youself. The main wall has a good selection of routes in the 6s, do rain man 6c, wall of jericho 6b, and both schools out and rotund roolay both very good

MNA123 02 Mar 2014
In reply to HenryC:

I was at Halldale Quarry in Matlock yesterday the Spectre wall was mostly dry, God is Good had wet streaks on it but everything else was dry.
 Bulls Crack 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Adam Moroz:

A venue that makes Horseshoe look like a luxury hotel.....

That wall is good though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...