UKC

Can I transfer contacts from a lost Orange Sim card?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 02 Mar 2014

I'm guessing not, but on the off chance, is this possible?

If not it's wandering around on a patch of my local moor peering at the ground to find my phone...
 Brass Nipples 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Timmd:

Did your phone software backup contacts to you Pc at all. Did you do it recently?

OP Timmd 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Orgsm:
No, nothing like that. Fortunately I've got most of my contacts on a piece of paper except for about six numbers, I just vaguely wondered if they could be transferred in some other way, like if Orange could press a button to transfer contacts from a lost sim to a replacement one.

I'm probably less tech savvy than I ought to be by the way if this sounds like a weird question to ask. ()
Post edited at 19:28
 dingbat46 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Timmd:

Afraid not...unless it was a smart phone with a google account on it. Then you may have backed up your contacts to your google account without realising....
In reply to Timmd:

No such thing as dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Nope phone company won't have access to your contacts. What they will have is a list of phone calls you've made and you may find the missing numbers there if you've called them recently.
OP Timmd 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Orgsm:

I'm a serial texter unfortunately, ta anyway, at least I know.
In reply to Timmd:

Your phone records include texts as well. It's worth checking.
In reply to Timmd:

Of course you could also ring your lost phone. If it rings for a while then it is still alive. Then go back to where you think you lost it and try ringing it again from a cheap £10 pay as you go mobile. You might just hear it....

OP Timmd 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Orgsm:

Is there any kind of time limit for the texts records do you know?
 Sir Chasm 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Timmd: If you've got an itemised bill then you have a list of numbers you've called and texted.

Choss 02 Mar 2014
In reply to Timmd:

Assuming your Phone still has battery Power and can pick up a signal

http://m.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-track-a-cell-phone/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...