UKC

Austrian Alpine Club insurance claim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich W Parker 03 Mar 2014
I submitted a claim to cover the cost of an x ray at a sport clinic in Austria, a reply has come back stating that firstly I should claim on my own health insurance. Eh? I've emailed back some time ago but nothing has progressed.

Has anyone else had any difficulties?
 KA 03 Mar 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

Have you got an EHIC card? If so, contact them, and ask for the claim forms. I had to do that for some hospital treatment in France & Switzerland for salmonella.

You will need receipts for the x-ray.
 elsewhere 03 Mar 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:
Travel insurance policy usually says it doesn't cover the things already covered by EHIC.

Post edited at 17:55
 niallk 03 Mar 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

No good to you now, but when in an accident in Italy there was some debate of whether my wife needed to stay in overnight and the costs of doing so etc etc. EHIC card was produced and it was all 'bella, bella', fine to stay over, no further questions asked.

We did have to pay a small amount to take away a copy of her x-ray though but only maybe £10-12 (no charge for the original which I'm guessing stayed with the hospital records).
OP Rich W Parker 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

Thanks All. Yes Ken I've got an EHIC, but this does not cover treatment in private clinics, which this was. Until your reply I didn't realise there was a mechanism for refunds through EHIC.
I've replied to the Austrians to this effect with a link, which will hopefully allow them to accept the claim.
 pec 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

Perhaps there's a reason why the AAC insurance is much cheaper than the BMC or Snowcard after all?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...