UKC

Tour de Yorkshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Bingers 03 Mar 2014
Really getting in the mood now. My application to be a Tour Maker has gone in.

They're well on the way to resurfacing the roads in Otley and today several signs/banners went up advertising car parking and camping near Otley/Pool.

And I've got my commemorative metal sign from the shop in Addingham.

Roll on July.
 veteye 03 Mar 2014
In reply to Bingers:

It's typical.My mother's house which I own with a big mortgage is just about ready to rent,and I need to rent it out in order to afford to have the house for later in my life.Consequently I probably will not be able to stay there when July comes along.(The house is in New Mill a couple of miles from Holmfirth,whilst I live in Stamford,Lincs).
I used to work up to biking over Holme Moss when I was a teenager and I had been thinking of working up to it again(not done it for about a dozen years),when the Tour route was announced,so feel that it may be best doing it after the French invasion.
If I can work all the practicalities out,we could have a good weekend,as we are going to see Monty Python on Friday 4th and intend zooming back up for the tour.
Removed User 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Bingers:

Have the accom organised in York so will take a train to Harrogate for finish of the 1st day and then watch the start in York on the 2nd day.

Also, in-laws live very near Holmfirth so might make a dash for that although I can't imagine it'll be easy to get to.
 Bob 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Removed User:

If you are around at the beginning of June there's a sportive and social ride on Le Tour route (well the southern Dales part) http://www.lepetitgranddepart.co.uk/
Removed User 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Bob:

I'd love to do it but don't get into the UK until the beginning of July.

Removed User 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Bingers:

Do we know what time we expect them to get to Harrogate on the Saturday?
 Enty 12 Apr 2014

How long you in Europe for? France?

E
Removed User 12 Apr 2014
In reply to andy:

Thanks. I'm perhaps being a bit thick here but is the caravan time the expected time of the leaders or simply when the bus gets stuck under the finish line?
Removed User 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Enty:

Over for 2.5 weeks. Not France unfortunately due to general family hijack of my original plans.
 Bob 12 Apr 2014

The caravan time is the time that all the sponsors' vehicles pass through not the riders.
Removed User 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Bob:

Thanks
 Enty 12 Apr 2014

There's usually about an hour after the caravan goes through - it's a weird erie silence, back to the campervan you found earlier with the TV on, then you hear the fist helicopter in the distance, everyone runs outside - it's magic!!!

E
Removed User 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Enty:

I can't wait. I need to see it in France as well but that'll be for another time.
ceri 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Bingers:

My mum in Harrogate is hosting something of a family reunion! We could rent out tents in the garden though...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...