UKC

Best video camera?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 04 Mar 2014
Whet are folks' thoughts and recommendations for best camera for skiing, kayaking (even climbing) etc?
Needs good performance, usability, toughness etc

Go-Pro, Drift, Ion, Contour etc
 BALD EAGLE 04 Mar 2014
In reply to kevin stephens:

> Whet are folks' thoughts and recommendations for best camera for skiing, kayaking (even climbing) etc?
> Go-Pro, Drift, Ion, Contour etc

Hi Kevin

Ok to start the ball rolling I use a GoPro (I have the 2nd version though apparently the 3rd generation are great), although I think GoPro footage by itself does not work very well for climbing and is better suited to mountain biking, snowboarding etc. Consequently I use a Panasonic V700 camcorder on a decent tripod, complimented with my GoPro2 to add an interesting mix of angles and views. Also with regard to editing software I'm a big fan of Sony Vegas and have the 11 HD Platinum version which costs about £30. Although it is very powerful software, I found it straightforward to pick up the basics but have barely scratched the surface in what it can do after a year of using it!
Anyway you can see some small snippets of my Go Pro in action on the Eiger last year, especially on the super-exposed ridge near the summit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwAy1T-BP4Q&feature=youtu.be
Hope this helps and good luck when you get your new toy!

Cheers

Dave
 koolkat 04 Mar 2014

i use a contour easy to use simple to switch on good image
a drift rugged rubberised body screen on it to see what your shooting can change battries
and a go pro great image waterproof housing and can change battries
but the contour is my fave @ £160 a bargain half the price of the gopro
go pro for image quality though
examples in the link are drift and contour not done an edit on the gopro yet

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamkoolkat

Ordered a Drift HD Ghost

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...