UKC

Full body harness for pregnant climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hottoddy 04 Mar 2014
Hi

Wondering what other people did in similar situation. Am 6 months pregnancy and have been climbing throughout though pretty much stuck to top roping for the last few months. Only climb around once a week as busy with work and don't trouble any high grades but have been still enjoying it. Unfortunately this week my harness was really not comfortable and I don't think I'll be able to wear it much longer. Looked at full body harness's but they are pretty pricy and I'm wondering if its worth it. So - if anyone used 1 when pregnant - did you find it comfortable especially in later months? And did it realistically let you able to climb in last few months?

Thanks
 Carolyn 04 Mar 2014
In reply to jo99:

I used one - but started using it much earlier, and didn't really climb much beyond 7 months, as by then it was cold and wet. Definitely more comfy than a standard sit harness after the first few months, though.
 JLS 04 Mar 2014
In reply to jo99:

I have no personal experience but you may find this article useful...

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2080
 Jonny2vests 04 Mar 2014
In reply to jo99:

My wife used a chest harness with her normal harness loosened off. She climbed into her 8th month like that.
 shiv 07 Mar 2014
In reply to jo99:

Hi there,

I used a full body harness and climbed until I was about 8 months at which point it became increasingly uncomfortable to do...well anything! The harness did the job. It felt strange to climb in, but toproping was manageable. In the end I was limited by my size. My centre of gravity shifted, and many moves became well nigh impossible. At that point it wasn't enjoyable anymore so I sacked it off. Good luck with it all!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...