UKC

Adding summits to the database - how?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oo 04 Mar 2014
I'm in Norway and likely to be doing a fair bit of hiking up to the top of things when I can't find climbing partners. Is there a way to add summits to the database? They seem well covered in the UK, but nothing out here, I'm happy to add in things as I do them and others in the area while I'm at it, so an easy way to do it with the information I have from the map would be ideal. I've had a search of the site but couldn't see an answer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oo
 GarethSL 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Oo:

If you do it through UKH it's the same way as adding a crag on UKC.

click here.
http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/hill/

In the search box, type the name of a mountain. If it does not come up, click 'add missing hill'.

This will bring up the form where you input all the information.

Once completed click 'send update to UKHilwalking'

Even if you click the tab to 'be a moderator' you wont be, glitch in the system.

So go back to step 1, retype the name in the search box, it should appear there now and then click I'd like to volunteer.

You then need to accept your original changes using the moderate crags link under Logbooks.

Once done you can add the 'summit' the same way as you would add a climbing route. Except under type of climb just click 'special'.
OP Oo 04 Mar 2014
Excellent, thanks! I hadn't found that. Is there a way to put co-ordinates or lat and long or anything in for location rather than just clicking a slightly random point on the map?

Thanks,

Oo
 GarethSL 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Oo:

Not unless you use an external map provider.

You can get DDD co-ordinates from google maps by right clicking on the location and selecting directions from here, they will pop up in the text box on the left.

Though this is tedious and time consuming.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...