UKC

Taking the rough with the smooth in a Scottish winter trip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 04 Mar 2014
Last week I had a somewhat abridged trip to Scotland. I learned I need a lesson in patience if I am to make the best of things in the future. Here is an account of the trip..http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2014/03/a-winters-trip-to-scotland-february-...
 DalesClimber 04 Mar 2014
In reply to goatee:

A bit different to that week last February in Torridon! (assuming you are who I think you are?)

This winter has been a bit depressing, hasn't it?
Jim C 04 Mar 2014
In reply to DalesClimber:

> A bit different to that week last February in Torridon! (assuming you are who I think you are?)

He is that very nice chap who met me during my drive around Ireland and guided me up Howling Ridge on Carruntoolhill . ( name at the bottom of his blog

OP goatee 04 Mar 2014
In reply to DalesClimber:

Hi Maria, yep a fair bit different to last year but now from this remove I am glad I did it. My biggest fear is that I am losing my enthusiasm for the great outdoors. That would indeed be a personal tragedy. But I think I am being a grim old so an so and need to focus on what is truly great.I think I just need to learn to have a bit more of a philosophical outlook and put this one down to a blip. I am actually thinking of returning in the not too distant future.
OP goatee 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Jim C:

Hi Jim. Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps when I return we can have another day out. The last one was a doozie
 Tim Sparrow 04 Mar 2014
In reply to goatee:

It wasn't the best few days to be there was it?
Incidentally - my partner also dropped a camera from the mantrap, down the Orion / Minus Face. It too was found sometime in April and the memory card intact. We got the photos back. 2007 though!
OP goatee 04 Mar 2014
In reply to Tim Sparrow:

Tim it mightn't have been the best but in truth it wasn't the worst. And damm it I thought my story was unique about the camera. Nice one
 Siward 05 Mar 2014
In reply to goatee:

You got some decent days out despite the weather.

Some of my ( in retrospect) best times in Scotland have been those where weather has restricted me to backpacking bothy to bothy or kept me stuck in the pub. OK, maybe not the best but there's always something good to take back with you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...