UKC

Group Shelter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 craig1983 06 Mar 2014
Looking to buy a new group shelter, probably just a 2 man.

Anyone got one they could recommend??

Lifesystems Survival Shelter 2 is the one I'm looking at just now.
 galpinos 06 Mar 2014
In reply to craig1983:

I like the Terra Nova ones:

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tarps-bivis-bothies/2-person-bothies/

I've got the standard 4 man which is ideal for lunch for three in the winter with sacks and gubbins inside and still room to move.
 butteredfrog 06 Mar 2014
In reply to craig1983:

No preferences as such, but try to find one with a generous stuff sac. I have a 2 man life venture, good points, it's small, light, you can use 2 trekking poles to support the roof. But it's a pain to repack, because the sewn in stuff sac is just a little bit too small.
OP craig1983 06 Mar 2014
In reply to butteredfrog:

Is the 2 man one big enough for 2 people plus rucksack? Pictures of them look 'cosy' with just people in it!
 StuDoig 06 Mar 2014
In reply to craig1983:

The Two man Life Venture one would be tight with 2 plus rucksacks, but
you'd fig assuming your sitting on the rucksack. But then it's designed as an emergency shelter so the compromise is that you'd be uncomfortable (though considerably warmer) but as its smaller and more compact you're more likely to carry it. You'd struggle to get 2 people into it though if one was injured and required to lie down.

Cheers,

Stuart
 galpinos 06 Mar 2014
In reply to craig1983:

In extremis a 2 man is fine but as the most use mine gets if for eating butties in horrible weather in winter having a bit more room is nice.
 Carolyn 06 Mar 2014
In reply to craig1983:

Yes, they tend to be snug for the number of people they claim, so it's a case of deciding what the right balance between weight/bulk and space is for you.

In a similar vein, the ultralight ones are fabulous, much more likely to be carried because they're smaller and lighter - but also considerably more expensive.
 iccle_bully 06 Mar 2014
In reply to craig1983:

I've got a 2 man terra nova and it's brilliant.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...