UKC

Osp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian Bell 06 Mar 2014
Thinking of heading here to climb in one of the May bank holidays. Anyone ever been / have any impressions or info they could share? Thanks.
 jon 06 Mar 2014
In reply to Ian Bell:

Great crag (as is its neighbour Misja Pec if you climb harder than me - hate it when I can only do the warm-ups!). Maybe crowded during holiday periods and in which case be aware of the potential access problems mentioned in this thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=528837 Of course, these may well have been sorted now.
 silhouette 06 Mar 2014
In reply to Ian Bell: Be aware that if you have a car, you have a lot of choice, being very close indeed to another Slovenian crag Crni Kal, and the extensive Italian crags in Val Rosandra. I'm guessing you will have a car since the village has no public transport and no shop as far as I know.

silo 06 Mar 2014
In reply to Ian Bell:

A great crag nice and steep!
 tjekel 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Ian Bell:

Osp is a good base .mfor exploration ... crni kal may be crowded, but usually in the lower grades. The campsite also sells wine ... reserve half a restday for skocjan caves a fe miles north.

Th
 jon 07 Mar 2014
In reply to tjekel:

I remember going to the winery under the Osp main crag with empty plastic water bottles. They'd fill them with wine for a few dinar (I think?) and then on a later visit something else... tolar, or something. Do they still do that? For €uros now, of course!
 tjekel 08 Mar 2014
In reply to jon:

The campsite owner did it for us - probably from his or one of his relatives wineyards. Interestingly, it mainly tastes well locally 😊

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...