Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Rab Vapour Rise fit (womens)

Becky E - on 06 Mar 2014
Can anyone who arelady uses a Vapour Rise top help with this conundrum?

My usual warm-and-windproof system is a Rab Baltoro jacket, which has room for one or two Patagonia R1 pullovers underneath, plus baselayer. But with all those layers, it get a bit bulky and sweaty under the arms whilst still wanting the layers elsewhere.

So I thought a Vapour Rise jacket would be a good option to replace the Baltoro plus one pullover.

But the Vapour Rise jacket seems to be cut smaller than the Baltoro of the same size, leaving very little room for a pullover underneath should I need it (which is very likely for me). Particularly around the bum.

Going up a size in the Vapour Rise seems to be too big - like wearing my big sister's hand-me-downs before I've grown into them.

Does anyone else have this problem with the sizing? Can anyone with experience suggest whether it's better to be snug or roomy in a Vapour Rise?

And if I decide that due to the sizing, it's not the jacket for me... what can anyone suggest that might do a similar job?
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums