UKC

whats your favourite bit of running kit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 06 Mar 2014
Id say mine is a Rab VR pullon i got on here 2nd hand a few months ago, brilliant top, wicks really well and resists light rain/mist. Very handy dual sternum zip to allow your chest to cool but keep your neck warm if needed.

What bit of kit / clothing / tech do you highly rate?
Ste Brom 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Montane pertex smock. Tailor made when the company first started. Thought I lost it once, and when I found it again after 2 years, I smiled as much as I did when the kids were born.

You'd have to meet them to understand.
 thedatastream 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Inov8 Roclite 295. So comfy. Much studs. Wow. Such lightness. Very good.
OP The Potato 06 Mar 2014
In reply to thedatastream:
> (In reply to ow arm)
>
> Inov8 Roclite 295. So comfy. Much studs. Wow. Such lightness. Very good.

That would be my second fav kit item
 Guy 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Lube
 The New NickB 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

As primarily a road runner, my Adidas Adizero Adios, on my 5th pair, I also have a pair of the Boost Adios, but I don't like them as much.

Clothing wise, I have a Ron Hill top which looks like a helly, but is half the weight and is great on a cold training session.
 LucaC 06 Mar 2014
In reply to Guy:

Beat me to it, was going to say sudocrem.
 Alyson 06 Mar 2014
In reply to thedatastream:

> Inov8 Roclite 295. So comfy. Much studs. Wow. Such lightness. Very good.

Ha! My first thought on reading the thread title was Inov8 Roclite 268 which I think is the female version of the same shoe. I unreservedly love them.
 Dauphin 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Shoes. And then socks. In that order. I've got an inov8 shoe addiction. It used to be brooks. Not sure it's good for me. There not that great but I keep buying them.

D
andymac 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Gore running tights /leggings.

Use them more for cycling.

My bum doesn't look big in them .unlike the padded endura ones ,which make me look like I've shit myself.

steelbru 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Kit : Ultimate Direction AK hydration vest - fantastic bit of kit for carrying water when on long runs. Weighs next to nothing ( when empty ) and very comfortable.

Clothing : Black Diamond powerstretch mittens - I suffer from cold hands, and find gloves useless, these are brill !

Shoes : another vote for Roclite 295
barrow_matt 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

My fluro yellow trainers! Saucony Kinvara 2 I think, half price in John Lewis, bargain!
Mattie1985 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

My Garmin 310xt, for 4 years its been with me almost every run and never let me down. Expensive but it has paid for itself many times over.
Antigua 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Garmin 620.
 Bluebird 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Ashmei jacket - can't fault it
 Wee Davie 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Vaseline for the chub rub.

Adidas shorts with the wee key pockets.

Karrimor tech tees, gloves and running hats- cos they are great value.

Nike Pegasus because I don't seem to be injury prone using them.
 StefanB 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Got to be running shoes. Anything else can be replaced with non-technical stuff, i.e. I could run reasonably comfortably in a cotton shirt, but not in my work shoes.
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Agree. Love mine. Wear it to death, so versatile. Might buy another for when its in the wash.
 Stopsy 07 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Another inov8 fan - but mudroc 330's, the lugs on them bite anything. after that salomon 3/4 tights. will be a sad day when they go.
 lummox 07 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Patagucci Houdini. Flipping great in the winter.
AndyT_uk 10 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Has to be my Garmin 310XT and OMM Kamleika Race Smock. Plus any of my compression shorts. Found they were fantastic after I pulled a hip flexor last year and have worn them ever since!
 kathrync 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Mattie1985:

> My Garmin 310xt, for 4 years its been with me almost every run and never let me down. Expensive but it has paid for itself many times over.

Yes agreed. I also use mine for cycling and as a kind of log book for hill walking and paddling trips.
 Sharp 10 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Headtorch probably, although it's days are numbered now we're coming into spring, back to the blinding sunshine, bugs, barking dogs and screaming kids

Back in the -15 C days a few winters ago I ran in the old (ancient?) Hooded vr smock a few times and it was perfect, taken it hill running a couple of times this year but it always ends up round my waist. Too hot for this country imo which means you need to wear a base layer underneath (in case you need to take it off) which defeats the point in wearing it.
 galpinos 10 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Winter - ME Ultratherm. Makes running in really grim conditions a pleasant experience.

Summer - Not sure yet....
 nniff 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Ste Brom:
> (In reply to ow arm)
>
> Montane pertex smock. Tailor made when the company first started. Thought I lost it once, and when I found it again after 2 years, I smiled as much as I did when the kids were born.
>
> You'd have to meet them to understand.

Priceless! Have a gold star for making me laugh on a MOnday!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...