UKC

Advice for an amateur

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackspratt 06 Mar 2014
I've just used my gopro for the first time and put together a video for the lad and lasses I was the course with if anyone has any constructive advice on how to improve my future filming and editing please let me know as I don't know an awful lot about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=At2Pm0RkHM8&

Thanks
 butteredfrog 06 Mar 2014
In reply to Jackspratt:

Pick a soundtrack that doesn't infringe copywrite?
OP Jackspratt 07 Mar 2014
In reply to butteredfrog:

haha how does everyone else get around that one then? I can play the recorder and hum a wee bit
 butteredfrog 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Jackspratt:

Don't know, tried to watch your vid and YouTube wouldn't let me.
 Alun 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Jackspratt:

I could see the video just fine. But if you have more problems with rights your could try vimeo

My one tip would be to get our the virtual scissors and make the video much much shorter. The problem with making a video based on your experiences is that its easy to emphasise the bits that you remember being really awesome, but unfortunately on film they are a bit boring - the detached third party doesn't have your memories, only what's on the screen.

I was a bit guilty of doing this when I made a short film a few years ago (mostly cobbled together from camera-phone footage), but nevertheless I'm reasonably pleased with the result:
vimeo.com/5729636

note how it's only 4 minutes long! (cut down from a total of about an hour's footage)
OP Jackspratt 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Alun:

cool thanks for the advice I did have to cut down from 65gb worth of film though it was hours in duration. But yeah I think it probably is uninteresting to a neutral.
 Geoboy 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Alun:

Great advice and brilliant example. This had me in fits. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun... I love the crash sequence at the end.
 Alun 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Geoboy:

> Looks like you guys have a lot of fun... I love the crash sequence at the end.

Hehe thanks

Yes we have a lot of fun... though sadly not as often as we used to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...