UKC

Les Arcs - recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IainMunro 07 Mar 2014
Off to Les Arcs in a fortnight's time and I've struggled to find any information about day tours in the area.

Routes without any complex glaciers would be good as I'm not sure we'll have the weight/space for taking glacier kit.

I've got the Vanoise Ski Tours book which only seems to have Mont Pourri as a recommended tour nearby.

Are there any short day trips to cols or small peaks? Alternatively any other recommendations for short forays away from the pistes? Couloir Canadian crops up from time to time on Google searches, anyone done it?

Iain
 steveliput 07 Mar 2014
In reply to IainMunro:

North face of the bellecote is awesome

Comborciere couloirs above 1600 are meant to be good too
 steveliput 07 Mar 2014
In reply to IainMunro:

You can also ski round the back of the grieve and get to nancroix area

Also heard you can get over toe space Killy from the grand col. But this May needed a night in a shelter
 Gael Force 07 Mar 2014
In reply to IainMunro:

Theres a Vamos guide to the area...
 Frank4short 12 Mar 2014
In reply to IainMunro: If you can get your hands on a copy of Les Clés du Paradiski you won't go wrong as it has a multitude of off piste and short touring routes in it for the area. However it is a coffee table type book more so than a guide you'd keep in your back pack. So Ideally one would buy it to go through and copy out the individual desired pages for the days in question or just borrow a copy and again copy the pages you want. Oh and it's in both English and French so don't be fooled by the frenchy name.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...