UKC

Grizzly 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Uluru 07 Mar 2014
Hi All,

Is anyone doing the Grizzly this weekend or have you done it before. I'm looking for tips on clothing and shoes. I was thinking of wearing my off road shoes, so was wondering how long the tarmac sections are? Would you run in shorts or leggings, I'm thinking what would be the most comfortable after the bog and river?

Thanks
 just one more 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Uluru:

Hi
Doing it Sunday for the 12th time. Shorts and off road shoes are best. There is a bit more tarmac than there used to be due to a landslip taking the route inland near the start and finish.
OP Uluru 09 Mar 2014
In reply to just one more:

Thank you . How did you go. It was an absolutely beautiful day
 just one more 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Uluru:

Perfect day, should have been climbing! Did 3 hours 39, how did you get on?
 Feeling bold 09 Mar 2014
In reply to just one more:

Trail shoes were the right choice for the full Grizz, wow was that mud deep and gloopy.
Hats off to anyone who ran it today, the weather was superb. I got round in just under 4 hrs 30, pleased with that.
 Feeling bold 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Uluru:

Hey Steph it's you!

Hope you enjoyed it, Jo told me there was hardly any mud on the cub.

We pigged out on ice cream and fish and chips afterwards )x
 mbh 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Feeling bold:

Had a bit of a nightmare with an injured foot, but got round it in 4:06. So nearly gave up at the 16 mile mark, at the beginning of that last, long shingle stretch. That was a lot of mud up to then! Great weather, and great atmosphere, though, not that I was able to soak it up for much of it.
 Feeling bold 10 Mar 2014
In reply to mbh:

Well done.......did the terrain cause the injury? That last beach section was a killer but glad you made it back in a respectable time despite the injury.
OP Uluru 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Feeling bold:

Ha ha yes it is me We had a great time. Views were fantastic and the crowds were great. Giving out biscuits, and jelly babies.
I'll definitely sign up for the full event next year... timing didn't work out this year with my other training.
In reply to Uluru:

Well done it's a great event - did it 3 times in the early 00's

The first time I did the Grizzly by the time I got to the descent from the caravan park back towards the finish I was in so much pain I had my eyes closed!

I remember on the last one I did being served cider out of a tea pot at the stile before coming back onto the beach at Branscombe - I was a bit wobbly going up the "Stairway to heaven"!

La Sham
 Wonrek 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Uluru:

I can still hear the horrific noise of 1500 runners on a shingle beach ringing in my ears now......

Loved every second

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...