Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Getting experience

MattArnold - on 07 Mar 2014
Hi guys, just wanted a bit of advice from the world of UKC on gaining experience mountaineering.

A bit about me - I have done a few weeks in Chamonix (with a guide) and have climbed peaks like Mont Blanc, Grand Paradiso and done a few climbs (Cosmique Arete on the Aiguille de Midi). I have been working and living in the French Pyrenees working for a mountain guide and have done several 3000m peaks in both summer and winter. I have also guided numerous winter snowshoeing trips on peaks that I know very well. I am very keen to start doing more and more mountaineering and I would like to get to the stage where I can climb sans guide.
Any suggestions of any trips/areas that are good for getting decent experience in either Scotland or the Alps? I have had lots of advice from various guides but wanted to see what you guys thought.
Much Appreciated
Matt
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums