UKC

Southern Sandstone - Is it climbable yet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jasonpather 08 Mar 2014
Has anyone been down to Harrison's Rocks or any of the other areas yet. I have only one day off on Sunday and am yearning for the outdoors. Is it dry enough or still waterlogged? Is it worth the trip?
 HakanT 08 Mar 2014
In reply to jasonpather:
Judging by this thread, Bowles is your best bet:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=580620
jasonpather 08 Mar 2014
In reply to HakanT:

thanks - didn't see that
 HakanT 08 Mar 2014
In reply to jasonpather:
Feel free to report on the conditions. I'm thinking about heading down on Monday.
 danimal 08 Mar 2014
In reply to jasonpather:

going to bowles tomorrow, I will update on conditions.
 HakanT 10 Mar 2014
In reply to jasonpather:

I spent a couple of hours at Bowles this morning, and it was fine. The dark corners are still damp, but the faces are dry. I drove by High Rocks and it looked absolutely soaked.
jasonpather 16 Mar 2014
In reply to jasonpather:

Hi all, Bowles was really dry last weekend and was great. quite busy though. Anyone been to Harrison's this weekend. have tomorrow off and was wondering if it is ready yet.
 gingerwolf 16 Mar 2014
In reply to jasonpather:

From Fishmate on the stone farm thread:
"Was at Harrison's yesterday. Unclimbed Wall area, Spider Wall, Isolated Buttress all good. Wellington block is still out, damp in quite a few places facing north, but The Niblick is in. Met a crowd in The Huntsman who said Bowles was pretty much all good, yesterday."

I'll be at Bowles tomorrow afternoon as I have the day off too, so if you want a couple of mats and a spotter, I'll be the ginger-haired boulderer trying things way out of his league!
In reply to jasonpather:

Was at Harrisons on Sunday 16th as we intended to climb at Bowles but found it full. Some of the climbs are in condition at Harrisons, but many are not and we elected not to climb some routes that looked marginal. The open sunny aspect climbs were fine, and there were plenty of people out enjoying themselves.

The ground is very wet still and there is standing water in the fields at the bottom in places.

On another topic, is the car park collection box still in use? I put some money in but there are no signs on the box any more.
 Slarti B 17 Mar 2014
In reply to jasonpather:

Was at Stone Farm Sunday 16th. Pretty much everything in condition. Lovely day, quite a few people but not at all crowded.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...