UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fatclimber 08 Mar 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (9) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=580150

practicallypixie: Resting the elbow, but down the gym.
AndrewW: Planning to dodge the demon booze.
Exile: Lost a pound, if the Motorway services offered a healthy option would have been better.
Fatclimber: No progress, but is feeling determined.
Sleepy_trucker: No weight loss, but keeping the ciggies under control – well done. It’s hard to fight two battles at the same time.
Dick, Still a Fat B : AWOL
Choss: AWOL
VS4b: Still pedalling away
Ciderslider: AWOL, however spotted near Hathersage.
Waterbaby: Not to be forgotten. Has lost five pounds. And thanks for motivating everybody.

Started early as I have to be up tomorrow to go climbing.
 Sleepy_trucker 08 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Wow, early too!

I'll get on the scales tomorrow - I don't think it's good news to be honest.

BUT - I do have some good news, NO ciggies since 02:00 Wednesday morning

Only climbed the once and, well - I've got a long way to go!

Thankyou very much for the encouragement
14st 3 today, which is good, feeling ill again which isn't.
Went rope-soloing yesterday at Bowles, nice to climb on some real rock.
Getting my nephew trained up as a belayer, so hopefully can try leading something soon. Probably sport routes at Dorset, if any of them are still there! though would love to get on some grit stone again.
Apologies for absence last week.

Cheers

Dick, a slightly less fat B

Sleepy_trucker 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Well, the scales were doing some strange things this morning - fluctuating between 11 3/4 stone and right down by 11st so I've taken a very rough average of no weight gained or lost and intend to find some better quality scales during the week.

The plan for today was to get to the wall but I've decided to dig my bike out and hopefully get it usable so I can cycle to the wall instead of driving each time - hopefully I'll squeeze a couple of hours in before work tomorrow (I start mid-afternoon).

Still off the ciggies, 5 days now feeling better for it even though I was never a heavy smoker. The champix tablets make me feel sick as. for an hour or so but seem to help quite a lot.

Sooo, need to step the exercise up and still need to ease off on the booze but I'm not doing too bad.
OP Fatclimber 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

A good week for me. I'm no longer obese, I'm just overweight. I managed to lose just under two kilos last week by a combination of a fast day, no booze and four climbing sessions. Hope to do the same this week, although potentially less climbing as I'm feeling a little weary and battered.
 VS4b 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

I've been back on the myfitnesspal again with some much better focus this last week. With the exception of my birthday I was under the calorie target every day. Cycled 147 miles this week including a windy 80 miler at the weekend too. Fitness really starting to become apparent now as I'm dropping my cycling buddies who used to have to wait for me. A few people at work have noticed too which is nice, and I have also had to buy new trousers and belt!

I've lost track a bit of last weeks weight, but I think I'm either 2 or 3 pounds lighter, but either way that's 16.5lbs less than my starting point on January 7th. Feeling a bit smug I think!

OP Fatclimber 12 Mar 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Well done. New trousers and belt equals visible progress.
In reply to Fatclimber:
On holiday in Upton upon Severn. Moving more and eating less...feel like I've lost some. Climbing a little (as spotted by Fatclimber) - making an exception for being outdoors and gentle grades (didn't feel gentle to me though!).

Will be logging on more next week...
 Stone Idle 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Managed to get under 14st in time for the road trip to Morocco. A week in Iceland avoiding eating roast Puffin and rotted shark (no kid) helped. The eating is under control and some more exercise does no harm.... That gym membership is still going strong. Roll on the sunshine!
 waterbaby 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

A bit late this week. Well done to those that lost weight or upped their training.

Last week it turns out I lost 6lbs not 5, should have done a proper conversion. This week Monday, I lost 1.5lbs (700g). I was so worried last weeks weight was false, what a relief! I've not seen any noticeable difference yet.

I'm feeling really motivated. I swam twice and did a kettlebell workout twice. Food choices are getting better.

Now if only the tendonitis would do one, all would be peachy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...