UKC

Containers to cook on a Jetboil Stove?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rummmer 09 Mar 2014
Hi I have a Jetboil Flash which is great for single cooking but as soon as it comes to two ration packs you end up eating 10mins apart from each other...

I don't want to spend £50 on a Jetboil Sumo But I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good way of cooking for two.

I have the adapter for the Jetboil.

I was thinking of buying a cheap brand new empty paint tin with a lid sort of a 2ltr one...... Any other suggestions before I do????????

Thank you in advance!
 Roguevfr 09 Mar 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

Yes, use any larger pot with the jetboil adaptor.
 Jenny C 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Roguevfr:

Yep if you've got the adaptor you can use pretty much any pan on the Jetboul burner unit. Personally though I have found small based pans work better, so ideally choose for a narrow deep pan, rather than wide shallow one.
 london_huddy 10 Mar 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

I've never had a problem getting two boil in the bags in - they need a bit of a squish to get them in but they cook faster that way!

One of the great advantages of the jetboil is that is all connects together and that the pans have the heat exchangers built in. It's pretty heavy if you're just going to use it with the adapter as a gas stove for normal pans.
Rummmer 10 Mar 2014
In reply to london_huddy:

Thanks for the help,

The only trouble is I quite like a hot drink/soup after my tea and if I squish all in one I won't have enough water for two to have a nice brew. or would it be quicker to boil the rations in little water then add more water for hot drink? And which would be better for the fuel???
 Roguevfr 10 Mar 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

Hmm, buy a new pot or add some more water to an existing pot and wait another 180 seconds....I wonder..
 london_huddy 10 Mar 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

Drinking the water after using it to heat the boil in the bags isn't recommended (or wasn't to me). We did it anyway.

My old jetboil gets two boil in the bags and enough water for one brew. I do as you describe: heat food, remove bags (enjoy), add enough water to give two brews, heat and get some tea on. That'll probably be more efficient than using non-jetboil pans and was pretty straight forward.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...