UKC

Aonach beag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Wylie 09 Mar 2014
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has descended from the col be tween aonach beag and aonach mhor into the Coire recently. Is it a cornice horror fest or doable?

I am partnerless for the earlier part of this week and fancied going for a remote day myself ..maybe on the north east ridge-supposed to be brilliant

Cheers

Jon
OP Jon Wylie 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Jon Wylie:

Hey folks.

Just if anyone is going up to the area and interested. I was pottering about on the west face of aonach mor today which was really good and felt solid but much of the lower third of the easier buttress routes will probably have been stripped today

I had a look over at the col between aonach mor and aonach beag but didn't go right down. There is a humongous cornice on the east side which even if it was possible to dodge on the south side to descend, would be a pretty scary prospect to be under. Same deal on the east face of aonach mor-didn't look as if anyone had been down easy gully..
 davy_boy 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Jon Wylie:

I have attached a link to a pic taken today of the area in question hopefully this is of use to you
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93674750@N08/13114609225/
OP Jon Wylie 13 Mar 2014
In reply to davy_boy:

Hi Davy,

Thanks for that. I had a look over the other day re my reply above but didn't take a pic of the cornice. Impressive/scary!

Some sound advice from Alan halewood over on the number 4 gully thread there methinks.

Cheers

Jon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...