UKC

Help Cycling Buddy Needed - Gosport Area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trish Darling 10 Mar 2014
Eyup,

I'm currently working away from home (East Riding of Yorkshire) in Gosport and desperately need a training buddy as I'm signed up for the Etape Eyri in June!!!

Post ankle break last September, I've not been out on my road bike (although I have been mountain biking). Therefore I'm seeking someone who's happy to ride at a steady pace and not get competitive, knows the area and the best, quiet routes to go out on and is free in the evenings - obviously easier once the clocks go forward, but can finish work to accommodate.

I usually go home weekends and climb a couple of nights at Calshot, so Monday and Wednesday (weather dependent) are best for me. As the nights get longer I'll probably drop my Tuesday climb for additional training.

If anyone's interested gimme a shout.

Cheers
Trish
07969 348469
 Marmoteer 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Trish Darling:

I have recenlty moved away from Lee on Solent:

For cycling, you could try the Fareham Wheelers. Though I didn't get involved with them, friends enjoyed some of their local cycling competition series. They have a good website and do regular rides.

For a flat short ride to get back in the saddle, use the sea front to go Stokes Bay, Lee on Solent, Meon Shore to Titchfield and then reverse it (you can do a loop at each end to make a dumbell shaped ride). Its only about 20 miles but it is the most pleasant (very) local ride.

Heading north towards Bishop Waltham and Denmead (and beyond) is the best area for a reasonably representative (undulating) ride.

If you like hill practise then use Portsdown Hill (the ridgeline with crazy ship masts on top of it), just ride up and along, dropping down one of the many roads that go up/down its flanks. Beware some of the roads are a little narrow, the main road on top can get busy with frustrated drivers and the low winter sun can get in their faces at very much the wrong angle at some times of the year.

I hope that helps.
OP Trish Darling 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Marmoteer:

Thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...