Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Bolting advice

gerardmcmanus20 - on 10 Mar 2014
I am the owner of a window cleaning company and would like to be able to install eye bolts on some buildings to attach lanyards, to enable us to work safely on flat roofs.

Unfortunately google has less than its usual helpful self. I thought the best person to point me in the right direction was a climber. I have some climbing experience, about 9 months before the birth of my now 6 month old baby girl, me and my wife were weekly visitors of the Glasgow Climbing center. So belaying and figure of eight knots are no problem for me.

What I am stuck with, is where to buy bolts and what type should be used on brick, or sandstone. I know drilled holes have to be thoroughly brushed out and cleaned with compressed air.

Allot of fall arrest kits for sale have huge hooks for scaffolding, what would be the best for this situation.
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums