UKC

Goblin Combe tick season begins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 11 Mar 2014
Worth Flagging up for people...

Took dog to goblin combe Sunday. Shes picked up numerous Ticks.
 d_b 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

Fantastic.

And I was hoping to have a tick free climb there in the gap between storms.

Guess I will get my fix on the other side of the river.
 The Pylon King 11 Mar 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

Ive been there quite a few days recently and only picked up a couple. Its worth going now before they get worse during the summer, it's bone dry down there as well.
 Hooo 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

Ugh. Maybe I won't be heading back soon after all.
Nice meeting you ( and Mark ), looking forward to seeing those pics!

Howard
OP Choss 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Hooo:

> Ugh. Maybe I won't be heading back soon after all.

> Nice meeting you ( and Mark ), looking forward to seeing those pics!

> Howard

Pleasure meeting you Two as well. will see how pics come out. That was some flyer...

5 Ticks found on dog so far.
In reply to Choss:

Real shame. I have unfinished business at goblin and want to repeat that route, not necessarily flying wise :-D . It's going to be hard to convince Howard to go back. It was nice meeting you. See you next time.
 The Pylon King 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris Sieradzki:

Its fine down there, at least for the next couple of months, unless you go rolling around in the undergrowth!.
OP Choss 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

9 of the Little Lyme disease carrying vampires is the count now. Was only there couple of hours.

If going, Leave fido at home, and Shorts Probably a bad idea.
OP Choss 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris Sieradzki:

> Real shame. I have unfinished business at goblin and want to repeat that route, not necessarily flying wise :-D . It's going to be hard to convince Howard to go back. It was nice meeting you. See you next time.

Hey, if youre going Back for your unfinished business, let me Know, i would like to see Round 2
 joan cooper 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss: I use front Line on my dog and it kills ticks Or use Advantics

OP Choss 12 Mar 2014
In reply to joan cooper:

> I use front Line on my dog and it kills ticks Or use Advantics

Yep, Treated her with ectoline last night, as well as pulling off the ones im finding. Shes beginning to smell of germolene.
 joan cooper 12 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss: Before we discovered Front line we used to cover the ticks with tooth paste ( not recommended now) she looked funny as we had different coloured toothpaste! and a spotty dog.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...