UKC

rare peaks in himalayas up for tender

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
beervoucher 12 Mar 2014
Commercial climbing in the himalayas like never before, Whats your views on this subject.
 Chambers 12 Mar 2014
In reply to beervoucher:

Business as usual. The commodification of Everest has screwed it up completely. Time to move on and destroy something else for cash.
beervoucher 12 Mar 2014
In reply to
> Business as usual. The commodification of Everest has screwed it up completely. Time to move on and destroy something else for cash.

Sad but true, be interesting to see how the concept pans out
In reply to beervoucher:

> Commercial climbing in the himalayas like never before, Whats your views on this subject.

My view? I love topics started with no verifiable facts to debate.
 Chambers 13 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

There are plenty of verifiable facts. If you keep abreast of the news.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/11/everest-nepal-leasing-mountain...

The world is the common heritage of those who inhabit it. But the bastards have stolen it from us.
In reply to Chambers:

> (In reply to stroppygob)
> The world is the common heritage of those who inhabit it. But the bastards have stolen it from us.

Oh, lets see now, from your link....

> The proposal would involve hiring out some of the 326 Himalayan peaks that are currently open to climbers in the poor south Asian country, in an attempt to lure mountaineers away from Everest.

> The highest mountain in the world is suffering from traffic jams and environmental degradation as hundreds of mountaineers attempt its ascent in a short window of favourable weather in late spring every year. Hundreds of other peaks, many unclimbed, receive no attention.

> The move is also designed to attract more climbers to the impoverished country, which depends on the revenue from tourism.

Yep, let them starve for having the audacity to steal these mountains from us!!

Well done shona/gudrun/chambers/thisweeksnewname...

Thanks for more proof of how big an idiot you are.
Post edited at 08:12
 Chambers 13 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Oh dear. That's a mirror you're talking into...and your reflection is not offended by your abuse.
beervoucher 13 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

So you presume we are against the idea.?
In reply to Chambers:

> Oh dear. That's a mirror you're talking into...and your reflection is not offended by your abuse.

Dear god, are you five years old or something?

In reply to beervoucher:

No I presume, from his reply, that Shona/Chambers/Gudrun is against it.
 Chambers 14 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

I love waking up early in the morning and creeping downstairs to check on your latest puerile attack. I've really missed it. But your standards are slipping, stropster. Take those stupid new headphones off and concentrate a bit more. Give me the kind of unthinking, knee-jerk abuse that I know and love you for. xxx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...