UKC

strava on a windows phone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DEvans 12 Mar 2014
hello all.
i heard it was imposible to do it ( see title ) but don't believe it. also can anyone explain how it works. do i need the strava app as i can't seem to find it anywhere. they don't make it clear what you have to do. they just say sign up pick up your phone and go for a run.

any help geatly apprieciated thanks.

dan
 Jack B 12 Mar 2014
In reply to DEvans:

I fear it may in fact be impossible. You could use a different GPS tracking app and export your track/import it into strava?
KevinD 13 Mar 2014
In reply to DEvans:

they dont have a windows app. They list some options though for third party apps.

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/26589945-How-to-upload-to-Strava-from-yo...
 woolsack 13 Mar 2014
In reply to DEvans:

I was marshalling a TT on Sunday morning and one rider had a blowout just up the road from me and at that instant his head unit for his SRM power meter came off of its mount (presumably the shock?) and skidded across two lanes of dual carriageway before being munched by several cars. £500 to replace?
For me, that was reason enough to stick with a little Garmin Edge 500 and not put several hundred pounds worth of mobile phone in that vulnerable position.
I've also seen a Garmin 800 pop out of it's mount and do a similar thing on a club run. Again a biggish brick like thing on your bars
 ChrisJD 13 Mar 2014
In reply to woolsack:

Do people actually mount their phone on their bars for Strava? Crikey!

Mines always in the pack. And as 'most' people tend to carry a phone anyway, can't see the need carry two GPS devices.
andyfla 19 Mar 2014
In reply to DEvans:

Chaser app used to work, but apparently doesnt now.
Apparently the CycloMeter app has a strava bolt on and Striver sells itself as a strava client

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...