UKC

Cheapest campsite in peak/ hope area.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 13 Mar 2014
Looking to camp this weekend in the peak. Possibly hope area but not restricted to.

Any suggestions on really cheap campsites that allow bbqs? I've found somewhere that's a fiver each, but no fires or bbqs. Or somewhere that's £8.50 each with bbqs, but also a fiver for the car.

Would usually go somewhere like Robin Hood cave but got some 'city' mates with us.

Just looking for a field and a loo. Anything else would be a bonus.
 rj_townsend 13 Mar 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:
Take a look at the farm in Upper Booth. There are two - one is a proper campsite (National Trust, maybe?), and the other is a mad cat lady in lonely farmhouse. £4 per night rings a bell. There is water and a toilet, and a cracking view. Don't try driving up the track to the farmhouse though, unless you dislike your car having oil in the engine.

Edit: Highfield Farm
Post edited at 16:32
 deacondeacon 13 Mar 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:

Although not in Hope, you'll be hard pressed to find a cheaper campsite than The Eric Byne memorial site. It's a really nice spot between Birchen And Gardoms and it's a ten minute walk from the carpark which tends to keep the riff-raff away
It's very basic, camping in a field with no shower facilities (but does have toilets).
Last time I stayed it was £3.00 and I'd be surprised if it has gone up.
OP CharlieMack 14 Mar 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

Perfect, just what i was after. Will probably drag the others out climbing at Gardoms since it's so nice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...