UKC

ukc on mobile problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ceri 13 Mar 2014
Ok, so i have a shiny new phone, with windows. However, ukc doesn't wrap on it,which is very annoying. Is there anything i can do? Can i put oother browsers on that might be better?
 Mikkel 13 Mar 2014
In reply to ceri:

i like Opera mobile works well with ukc
 Kimono 14 Mar 2014
In reply to ceri:

UKC is not good on a mobile.
There have been endless threads about this in the past with the threat of a truly mobile version….

….but so far, nada
 Hooo 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Kimono:

UKC is fine on my mobile! Android using Maxthon browser. It works better than any other forum I use.
To the OP, I don't know about Windows browsers, but if you try a few you should find one that works.
 The Lemming 14 Mar 2014
In reply to ceri:

I find Opera is the only one that wraps text.
ceri 14 Mar 2014
In reply to ceri: thanks, will try opera. My old phone (android of some kind) had no problems with UKC, so rather sad that my shiny new one works less well!

Only a hill 14 Mar 2014
In reply to ceri:

Unfortunately you can't get Opera on Windows phones.

UKC doesn't wrap on Safari or Chrome either, iirc.
 CurlyStevo 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Kimono:

I don't generally like mobile versions of sites as the functionality is all too often cobbled, I prefer just using the normal websites.
 Kimono 14 Mar 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> I don't generally like mobile versions of sites as the functionality is all too often cobbled, I prefer just using the normal websites.

yes, but i don't like having to either have the text tiny, or to have to keep scrolling to read a post
 CurlyStevo 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Kimono:
Yeah for iphone and android you can get browsers that test wrap not sure about windows but have a hunt around.
Post edited at 11:55
ceri 14 Mar 2014
In reply to ceri:

Haven't found one that works Why do all other forums wrap and use correct size text and UKC does not? Grrr.
 Bob 14 Mar 2014
In reply to ceri:

Because it's still a table based layout. This is the one thing about these forums that needs fixing ASAP IMO (sorry about the shorthand overload). since the page is generated dynamically it shouldn't be too hard to do so that it fits OK on any device.

One problem that it would introduce is that threads would become very, very long on screen. Your post would be two or three lines rather than just part of a line so you can imagine just how long some posts would get and how much vertical scrolling would be needed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...