UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fatclimber 16 Mar 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (10) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=580845

Very quiet last week, I hope this means everybody is out doing exciting things.

practicallypixie: On holiday, but still making progress.
AndrewW: AWOL
Exile: AWOL
Fatclimber: No longer obese. – Now to get through overweight.
Sleepy_trucker: Suffering from fluctuating scales (I have that problem). Dusting off the bike.
Dick, Still a Fat B : Get well soon. Well done on finding dry sandstone.
Choss: AWOL again
VS4b: Needs a new outfit – well done.
Ciderslider: AWOL again.
Waterbaby:. Doing really well. Motivation is good.
Stone Idol : Avoiding eating roast Puffin and rotted shark - I can just see the diet book on Waterstones shelf!
In reply to Fatclimber:

Being on holiday and outside all week has led to a 3lb loss. Whoop!

I've been told by the physio that I can climb 1 - 2 days a week so long as I do my rehab 3 times a week...which in itself should lead to weight loss and muscle gain if I manage to stick to it.
 Sleepy_trucker 17 Mar 2014
Still haven't replaced the dodgy scales but they seemed to be o.k. this morning and I'm up a pound. I did eat a lot of rubbish on Friday though.

I had my first climb outdoors yesterday, 5 routes at Froggatt which I thoroughly enjoyed, I spent most of the day shivering and hoped that'd help too. I also got out for two (admittedly short) runs during the week but still haven't managed to drag myself to the wall - still feeling funny about going alone.

The good news is I'm still off the smokes, just shy of a fortnight now and feeling much better for it. I think I'll try going without booze except weekends, maybe that'll help a bit. Ultimately though, I think it's lack of exercise in my case.
OP Fatclimber 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Well it all went to pot for me this week. Started well, but then ended up going out and drinking. Part of the problem is we have ripped the house apart to do some restoration work. Had to go out as there was no where to sit dow. On tghe plus side I can't weigh myself as I have no idea where the scales are!

I am off to Sardinia in a fortnight for a weeks climbing, so I think my current plan is not to worry too much about my weight, but just make sure I get there healthy.

So weight loss resumes first week in April!
In reply to Fatclimber:

Doing up the house was my downfall in Jan and Feb....left me fatter and much poorer!!
 Exile 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Still 11st 9lbs, but renewed motivation to climb harder this week so hopefully back on it.
In reply to Fatclimber:

Feeling well for the first time in nearly a month.
Still 14s3 but hope to get to 14 s by the end of the week.
Onsite rope solo of a 5c ( sandstone) yesterday pleased me, but I cant help thinking the grade was soft touch. But as my target route for the summer is an E3 5c this no longer seems completely unrealistic.
continuing pain rt shoulder is annoying ( bicipital tendonitis I think) but I am working at the physio exercises from this site and hoping it will go away.
Today someone at work noticed I had lost weight.
 VS4b 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Dick, Still a Fat B:

I appear to have not lost any weight this week which is fairly annoying but I suppose not surprising as it was my birthday and went out for curry and beer. Early in the week I appeared to have lost another 1.5lbs, but its not gone this morning. Managed 140ish miles this week on the bike, next week looking not very good for biking but ok for diet. Only a week and a half to the hilly bike ride. On a plus point several people have commented on me looking thinner so that's a nice boost.
 waterbaby 18 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Did an extra training session but sadly I'm absolutely the same weight as last week. Seems I cheated too much on the diet front. Must try harder this week. I've up my weight on the kettlebell from 8 to 12 kgs this morning.
Andy Gamisou 18 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Thanks for doing the summary this week. Back from my excursion. Damage was: fish and chips twice. Indian takeaway once. Chinese takeaway once. Roast dinners twice. But almost no alcohol, so didn't put any weight on.
In reply to AndrewW:

And what did you have on the 7th day ?
Andy Gamisou 18 Mar 2014
In reply to practicallypixie:

A Ryanair cheeseburger and chips!
 VS4b 18 Mar 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

sounds like you did really well to be the same after that week! not that i'm envious of course...
Andy Gamisou 18 Mar 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Yup - really highlights for me the negative impact of the daemon drink since whilst I might have been stuffing myself way more, I was also drinking way less. And I didn't even mention the cakes and muffins that formed the staple diet during the day.
 VS4b 18 Mar 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Sadly I don't drink. Sad because if I did I could stop and make a bigger impact! It's all about the food for me!
Andy Gamisou 20 Mar 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Always assuming you could stop. Which would make you a better man than me (not necessarily difficult in this respect!).
 VS4b 20 Mar 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Not better just differently motivated I guess. I've never seen the attraction of booze, I do drink but don't really get the can't stop concept, not dissimilar to others don't get why I don't just eat less. Funny how everyone's different, but well done its a good effort to keep focused whatever the challenges.
In reply to Fatclimber:

14st 2 this morning
In reply to Dick, Still a Fat B:

Up 2lbs for me.....10st 0lb. Need to push back down to 9 something!

waterbaby 21 Mar 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Today I walked 13 mile, 999m ascents ( no mean feat in Surrey). Apparently according to Endomondo, I burnt 1700kcals, woohoo. OOPS but I drank a bottle of wine, and ate a piece of cake and a few crisps

I also swam a mile afterwards because I have a screw loose (that's after the walk not the wine). If I don't lose 2 lbs next week, I'll cry buckets.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...