UKC

Elise Christie bounces back after Sochi dissapointment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 16 Mar 2014

Elise Christie claimed 500m silver at the World Short Track Speed Skating Championships in Montreal on Saturday.
The 23-year-old Scot, who was penalised in all three of her events at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, finished behind South Korea's Park Seung-hi, with China's Fan Kexin third.
Christie, who was fifth in Friday's 1500m final, led from the front but was overtaken by Park on the final bend.
"I'm so happy to finally get a medal," she said.
"I'm a little disappointed not to win gold. I think I hesitated and sat back a bit on that final bend because I kept thinking back to what happened at the Olympics, but I got silver and that's one better than last year so I'm thrilled,
"I was more pleased with that result because I didn't skate that well on Friday, so I wasn't sure how today would go.
"Now I've done this and it takes the pressure off going into the 1000m on Sunday so I'm just going to go out, enjoy it and see what happens."

Well done to Elise after what must have been a crushing psychogical setback.
Post edited at 10:36
 Yanis Nayu 16 Mar 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Seconded - chuffed for her)
OP Al Evans 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Great Britain claimed bronze in the men's 5,000m relay at the World Short Track Speed Skating Championships.
Jon Eley, Paul Stanley, Jack Whelbourne and Richard Shoebridge, finished less than 0.1 seconds behind winners Netherlands in Montreal, Canada.
Meanwhile, Elise Christie was fourth in the 1,000m final as South Korean Shim Suk-Hee added to her 1500m title.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...