UKC

Log-books on external websites / adding 'clubs' to profile?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bertbee 16 Mar 2014
I've got two questions about the logbook feature on UKC.

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow embed/integrate the UKC logbook feature into another website?

2. Is there a 'club' feature, when you can add/select different climbing clubs you are a member of? And also search logbooks of club members/show recent ascents done by your club?

In more detail: I'm a member of a climbing club - although over time it's become mostly an active fell-running club. Although there are still a fair few climbers in the club, the culture of sharing achievements/stories and thus looking to actively climb with each other has disappeared. This has had a big impact in terms of organizing meets - people are generally using the huts, but just climbing with a few mates. I'm hoping raising awareness of what other club members have been up to will contribute to reigniting the club's climbing culture.
 Jonny2vests 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Bertbee:

> I've got two questions about the logbook feature on UKC.

> 1. Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow embed/integrate the UKC logbook feature into another website?

It's doable with a load of php hacking and look-ups.
OP Bertbee 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Ah - given that I don't even understand your reply, I'm guessing this isn't a straightforward affair!
 Jonny2vests 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Bertbee:
No, not really.
What I describe is 'back door' type access. You could always ask Alan for front door access of course, but that's a big reason why people come to the site, so I doubt you'd get it.
Post edited at 14:10
 Oo 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Bertbee:

Being able to join a group or club would be a cool feature for this site, as an extension to the climbing partners feature I suppose. Users could add a club to their profile, and any user could view climbs by a certain club. Or some combination of privacy options (viewable by friends, viewable by club, viewable by public).

Could help encourage a few clubs if some people getting out is a bit more visible - was it Cameron who coined the phrase 'nudge theory'? I'd have thought it possible for UKC to design a little button or what not that you can put on your club website and flashes green if someone has done some routes that day or something to entice people to come and visit UKC.

Everyone's a winner I guess it depends on how hard it is to code and UKC's spare time to implement it.
OP Bertbee 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Oo:

Yeah that would be great - integrating different clubs into UKC would be amazing!

So - how do we go about proposing such a feature?
 dmetcalfe 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Bertbee:

Could you make a user with the name of the club then add it as a partner in your climb?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...