UKC

Ireland cricket, St Patricks day win in world T20

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 17 Mar 2014
Well just, Ireland had it sewn up a few overs to go but they almost managed to do an England and chuck away a certain win, it came down to the last ball and they won it with a bye!
Personally I'd sack Ed Joyce for his pathetic scoring rate which nearly brought Ireland down. An exciting finish though. Zimbabwe will be well miffed off having lost that in the end.
 lowersharpnose 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Al Evans:
Al, are you listening to the commentary of these matches? If so, where can I find it, please?
Post edited at 14:28
OP Al Evans 17 Mar 2014
In reply to lowersharpnose:

No I was just watching the ball by ball commentry on Crickinfo
http://www.espncricinfo.com/
 lowersharpnose 17 Mar 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Ta, me too.
In reply to lowersharpnose:

Ta
 lowersharpnose 18 Mar 2014
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

You have to want Afghanistan to beat Hong Kong, don't you?
In reply to Al Evans:

I've got tickets to watch the Micks play the Boers in Canberra, in the cricket world cup. Should be great.
OP Al Evans 19 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Thats great, I thought all the games were in Bangladesh, is it just the finals then?
 Chris the Tall 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Ireland looking good for a second victory today, so I'd say they are heading to the next round

England on the other hand are heading towards another defeat I reckon - wickets in hand but 92 off 42 balls is a bit unlikely
OP Al Evans 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:
England are a shambles but there is hope, Ireland win by D/L and Bangladesh as a venue for such a prestigious championship is a joke.
Ahaan: "This is just not good enough to host a world tournament. I wonder how this tournament will progress. Floodlight failure every few matches is not acceptable."
Post edited at 16:56
OP Al Evans 20 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

I like it that Nepal have done ok, it's a sort of climbers country
OP Al Evans 21 Mar 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Ireland looking good for finals, just posted 189/4 against the Netherlands
 Chris the Tall 21 Mar 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

And the Dutch need to win in under 14.2 over to qualify. Good start though - 46/0 off 3, so they are currently ahead of the run rate !
In reply to Al Evans:

82/0 off 5. Not sure if the dutch can keep up the pace to do it in 14.2, but Ireland also need to win, so my money is on Zimbabwe at the moment
OP Al Evans 21 Mar 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Yes an appalling start from Irelands bowlers , lets hope they can steady things down.
In reply to Al Evans:

100/2 off 7 - both openers gone. 90 off 7.2 required for the Dutch, 90 off 13 to send Ireland out

100/3 now, swinging back in Irelands favour
In reply to Al Evans:

And, just like that, the match swings back to the Dutch thanks to 6 6s in 13 balls from Tom Cooper

And he's gone - 161/4. Back to Zimbabwe perhaps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...