Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Skye advice, winter conditions - Bruach na Frithe

Ben Sharp - on 17 Mar 2014
Heading up to Skye this weekend to catch up with an old buddy who lives up there and he suggested we head out on Saturday to walk up Bruach na Frithe. When I offered the lend of some winter kit he thought it wouldn't be necessary so I assumed it was just a wee hill but now looking at it's height, Mike's post the other day and the fact it's getting cold towards the weekend I'm wondering if he's wrong. I don't know the Cullins at all and he does live there, perhaps I'm over cautious and it'll just be a well trodden soggy mush?

If anyone has any advice on either on where the snow line is at, what the hill is like or any other suggestions it'd be appreciated. Out of the three of us I'll be the only winter climber so I was kind of just wanting a relatively straight forward hill to scalp, the pub is the main objective!
... not showing 10 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums