/ Photo sharing/storage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Motown - on 19 Mar 2014
Just dragged myself into using Flickr to back up and share photos. Then they announce I won't be able to sign with my gmail account - must use a yahoo one. Really don't want one.

Can anyone recommend a good/better site that fulfills the same function as Flickr? Ease of use would be a real plus.

Thank you.
Bob on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:
Photobucket, picassa?

[edit] http://photo-sharing-websites.no1reviews.com/
Post edited at 10:49
dissonance - on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

Thats a new change, they did allow it for a while.
I know some switched to ipernity or using google+ etc.
Out of curiosity why not just set up a yahoo account? You can switch all the emails to gmail. Its about the only use my yahoo account gets nowaday is as login for flickr.
Motown - on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to dissonance:
Just trying to keep number of email addresses to a minimum
. As I've only put a couple of albums on there at the moment, was interested if any other sites are hugely better. May stick with it - I like the setup.
Post edited at 10:55
ByEek - on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

Can't you share photos publicly from Google+? You get about 15Gb for free at the moment which is pretty generous. Everyone who has a Gmail account now has a Google+ account whether you like it or not. You don't have to use it, but you can share photos on it.
Little Brew - on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

Funny - i just signed in with my Google account to my Flickr account.....
Fraser on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

>...I won't be able to sign with my gmail account - must use a yahoo one. Really don't want one.

I feel your pain! I was very reluctant to sign up for another email account, but eventualy did so and tbh, it's no big deal. I only ever use it as a log-in for Flickr which I can deal with.

Having said that, I don't find the Flickr facilty (site) the most intuitive to navigate or edit via. Elements of it are good, but others are horrific.
Motown - on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Little Brew:

STill can but change is on its way.

Motown - on 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Have signed up with Yahoo for now, but wondered whether there was better. I agree - not that intuitive, but I thought that might have been me...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.