UKC

If you had two days on the Isle of Man where would you climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 19 Mar 2014
As it says really
 Scott Quinn 19 Mar 2014
In reply to GLUF:

Im interested in this as i'm going over for the TT thought i could squeeze a day in on "The Chasms" looks like the best spot going by the free online guide.

Cant get on needlesports at the minute (restricted website at work for some reason) there is a link on there for it, its just all text but it does the job!

Chris Sansum 19 Mar 2014
In reply to GLUF:

Maybe try asking James Karran - jkarran on here.
I think he has done a lot of climbing out there if I remember correctly.
 Al Evans 19 Mar 2014
In reply to GLUF:

We need Sutty back on the forum for this one.
 Nik Jennings 19 Mar 2014
In reply to GLUF:
The Chasms is bird banned now until well after TT week. There are other areas but where to go depends on the climber as much as anything else.
Manx climbing is adventurous stuff, think Gogarth with a false beard and a squint. The chasms is certainly the main area with routes of all grades and sillinesses. After The Chasms then Aldrick is probably the next choice venue for routes but is of quite variable quality. There is a top secret sport crag (details in the UKC logbook) but as it only has half a dozen routes, mostly in the upper 7's/low 8's and has a fairly epic "walk" in it probably lacks mass appeal. Bouldering is available at Peel and at Laxey beach. Other venues are increasingly esoteric but there is quality climbing to be had.
Drop me an email with details of when you're heading over and I can try and meet up with you, or at least provide an introduction to the small hardcore of oddlings that climb round there ere parts...
Post edited at 21:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...