UKC

10 day UK tour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ActionSte 20 Mar 2014
3 of us are off in a van later this year and have 10 days to go where ever in the uk. We have a few ideas so far but so as not to miss out on something/somewhere special I ask - Focusing mainly on intermediate climbs, what would be on your 10 day uk ticklist?
 Choss 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:
plump Hill quarry.
Stannington ruffs.
Finedon slabs.
Hang hill quarry.
Haresfield beacon.
Leckhampton hill.
Southstone rock.
Ivy scar rock.
Broomhill Hotel quarry.
Tockington quarry.
Post edited at 15:59
 Choss 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:

Henna.
Beeny.
Coaley woods.
 Domje 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:
Devil's Chimney at Leckhampton hill definitely looks like a good photo opportunity.
Post edited at 16:14
OP ActionSte 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

So youre familiar with what a middlesbrough lads idea of "something special" is? Wont even have to take my own needles if we head to Finedon slabs!
 Choss 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:

Dont Know what you Mean. Theyre quality not to be missed UK tour crags, Every one of them, honest Guv :-D
 The Pylon King 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:

Southern Grit!!!
OP ActionSte 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

Clearly, almost as delightful as our local favorite, eston nab http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1084
 Choss 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:

> Clearly, almost as delightful as our local favorite, eston nab http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1084

Thats definitely one on my radar now... 'best route the path Back to the car'. I love Those crags :-D
 stevieb 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:
For climbing mostly below E1, make sure you include Cornwall - Bosigran, Chair Ladder, Sennen and lots of others.
For climbing mostly HVS and above, do Pembroke and or Gogarth.
Add Llanberis Pass for either, or Ogwen for classic low grade long routes.

I've barely climbed in Scotland, so I'm sure you could do 10 days there if you decided to head north

whenry 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss: A nice selection, but not exactly UK-wide... I might have swapped Haresfield Beacon for the King & Queen Stones on Bredon Hill though.
 whenry 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte: But unless shite choss is your thing, I'd go for:
Pembroke
Fall Bay, Gower
Blackchurch
Chair Ladder / Bosigran
Portland
Lulworth Cove
Froggatt
Brimham Rocks
Malham Cove
Lawrencefield
 Choss 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:

Dont miss this Problem on yer tour. Not sure where it is but its a must do that should be on everyones to do List

http://i.imgur.com/Gg2h19D.jpg
 Ramblin dave 20 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:
If you're based in NE England and you've got ten days and a van, I'd either do Devon and Cornwall (mostly West Penwith with a few other stops en route), South Wales (mostly Pembroke with a few other bits) or the NW Highlands eg Fort William, Skye and Ullapool.

You can get pretty much anywhere else for the weekend, so I wouldn't bother faffing around with lots of short drives and not-quite-full days.
Post edited at 17:27
 Scott K 21 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:

Make it a challenge and try and complete Classic Rock routes.
 Robert Durran 23 Mar 2014
In reply to ActionSte:

It would depend largely on the weather forecast on the day of departure.

In reply to ActionSte:

Before moving to Peak I lived in Northampton & actually climbed at Finedon Slabs, but only once!! There are a couple of entertaining problems, but even living nearby was not enough to make me go back. Now I live amongst so much unused/unloved rock that I would have cherished in Northampton!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...