UKC

Dissertation Questionnaire on Climbing Training (2mins)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich Tyler 20 Mar 2014
Hi guys,

I am currently writing my dissertation on specific climbing training and its place within the sport, if you could complete the following questionnaire it would be greatly appreciated!

Shouldnt take more than 2 minutes

http://splashurl.com/ppj98pd

(copy and paste link please if it isnt clickable)

Thanks in advance!!!
 timmyhobby 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

done
 KevinJ 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Done
 Tyler 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

> Dissertation Questionnaire on Climbing Training (2mins)

Ain't that the truth. Done
 Morgan P 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:
Done

Suggestion: For the question 'how long have you been climbing for', you have 0-3 years as one bracket but that puts people who've been climbing a week in the same category as people who've been climbing for 3 years. 3 Years is a long time, I'd guess that you're going to lose a lot of the interesting data based on how long someone's been climbing for since most of the changes in how someone trains happens before you've been climbing for 3 years. I certainly know that my answers to 90% of those questions would have been different when I started 3 years ago.
Post edited at 21:48
 alooker 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Done
 Fishmate 20 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

done
 mcdougal 21 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Literally 2 mins and no annoying questions!
 Blackmud 22 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Quick comment - most frequent/preferred styles are two completely different questions. My most frequent might be indoor bouldering by necessity (it isn't, thankfully), but my preferred might be split between trad/winter/multi pitch. Hard to bundle all that into a one-choice answer.

Good luck!
 Trevers 22 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Done, but I would suggest that you might want to ask people what grade they climb at or whether they consider themselves professional/semi professional (sponsored or guide/instructor)/keen amateur/ occasional Sunday climber. You can't really infer that terribly well from the how long/how regularly questions.
 johncook 22 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Question 6 needed a "None of the above" option. You appear to assume that everyone trains for climbing without that option.
 migs493 23 Mar 2014
In reply to Blackmud:

Agree.
 gogade 23 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Done
August West 23 Mar 2014
In reply to johncook:

I left Q6 blank.
 Ian65 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Rich Tyler:

Done
In reply to Rich Tyler:

done

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...