UKC

Route selection for the Welsh Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 George Fisher 23 Mar 2014
I planning a trip to the Welsh Alps in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to think of a good 2 day solo trip with a planned bivi to give me the feeling of being in the big mountains.

I was thinking of an enchainment of a couple of easy long multipitch routes or higher grade scrambles. Any recommendations of stuff I can link into a 2 dayer diff sand Mods ideally as I'll be carrying a pack and solo, might take a short rope for escape.

Maybe something around the L'Ogwen area. Up the slabs via Ordinaire route, across to pick up Cneifion Arête, then down Heather terrace to do something on N face of the Tryfanhorn? Or head the other way, cross the pass and do something on The Snowdon side.

What are your top long mountain routes that might take me to a good spot for the night under a rock..

jon 23 Mar 2014
In reply to George Fisher:

> N face of the Tryfanhorn?

I think you'll find it's l'Aiguille de Tryfan.

Nanttle Ridge has great overnight opportunities- high up at the monument, lower down by old mineworker barracks- and a range of scrambling/climbing challenges. It can also be deserted & feel quite remote.
 BnB 23 Mar 2014

Bravo George et bienvenu. I can recommender l'Arete de Cwffrwy sur la Chaise d'Idris si vous etes capable de solo at Diff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...