UKC

whats with the arnold clark stickers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mc2006 24 Mar 2014
I am in Glasgow today, id say around 1 in every 3 cars has a Arnold Clark sticker in the rear of the car. Iv never seen as many! What's it about????? I know its a car rental/sales place.
In reply to mc2006:

You have answered your own question I think. Thread Closed
OP mc2006 24 Mar 2014
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Haha, I just wonder why there is so many cars that have it.
In reply to mc2006:
Because they are one of the biggest used car companies in the country. they probably sell 1000s of cars a month (I'm just speculating here) so the chances of seeing more than one in a row is gonna be higher than anything else maybe with the exception of Car Crafty?
Post edited at 19:15
 Roguevfr 24 Mar 2014
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

I HATE those stickers ! Any dealer stickers actually, but those in particular. Why anyone would want to spend money on a car, or a nice car, and then leave that bright yellow traffic sign of a sticker that's been applied by a squint eyed apprentice ....and breathe...
OP mc2006 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Roguevfr:

Haha its all iv been looking at all day in front of me!
 Fraser 24 Mar 2014
In reply to mc2006:

I've lived in Glasgow for 40 years and have never noticed them. Must keep an eye open from now on!
 Alyson 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Yeah, and it'll mildly interest you at first but then you won't be able to switch it off. You can never go back. You'll see Arnold Clark stickers on every street, and in every car park. They'll follow you to the corners of Britain, plague you on holiday, spoil weddings and dog your every step.

Like when someone says "doesn't so-and-so chew loudly?" and you hadn't noticed, but from that moment on all you hear is their chew chew chew and it gets more and more irritating until eventually you have to divorce them.
 kwoods 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Alyson:

Lmao because this is so true. Fraser, they'll drive you nuts from this day onward.
 JLS 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Really! All my cars have had them.
 JLS 24 Mar 2014
In reply to mc2006:

They pretty much got a monopoly of the car market up here. Not everyone will agree, but I've always felt I've got a decent car from them at a good price...
andymac 24 Mar 2014
In reply to mc2006:

Only time I notice these things is at the bottom of mountains.

Lot of Lomond and Glasgow Audis.complete with Arteryx clad people ready for a day on the hill.

The Octavia and Yeti owners must remove the Arnold Clark stickers.I have found them to be a thorough and resourceful lot.

mgco3 24 Mar 2014
In reply to mc2006:

They are pretty easy to remove I cant understand anyone not removing the stupid things.Its one of the first things I do whenever I buy a car. If they want me to advertise their services I will gladly negotiate a price to leave it on.
andymac 24 Mar 2014
In reply to mgco3:

Skoda?
mgco3 24 Mar 2014
In reply to andymac:

Never driven a Skoda in my life!! the nearest I have come to it is when I build my own buggy using a couple of planks and some old pram wheels as a kid..

Alyson 24 Mar 2014
In reply to mgco3:

That's nothing, when I was little we had to build our skodas out of twigs and use Campbells condensed soup tins for wheels. You don't know how good you had it.
 Fraser 24 Mar 2014
In reply to JLS & Kevin Woods:

lol - never noticed, honestly!
mgco3 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Alyson:

You could afford Campbells soup? Luxury!
Jim C 24 Mar 2014
In reply to mc2006:

> I am in Glasgow today, id say around 1 in every 3 cars has a Arnold Clark sticker in the rear of the car. Iv never seen as many! What's it about????? I know its a car rental/sales place.

Yep, mugs who have paid for the privilege of advertising AC , they must be pissing themselves laughing that they don't have to pay folk to drive around as free advertisers.

Pretty much goes for clothing brands that put their prominent logos on the outside to be seen, you then pay for the privilege of being a walking billboard.
 The Potato 25 Mar 2014
In reply to mc2006:

i remove all dealer adverts from my cars, they want it they can pay me for it.
its really sad to see all those ugly AC stickers still on cars
OP mc2006 25 Mar 2014
In reply to Fraser:

This week is my first week in Glasgow, I have noticed this morning that nearly every dealership is owned by Arnold Clark. I cant say iv seen one owned by them in Leeds where I am from. In fact there is 5 cars in a car park with me now and they all have the stickers! I am expecting to look in my rear view mirror and see one on my car by then of the week. If anyone wants to find me in Glasgow im in the car driving about without a sticker.
llechwedd 25 Mar 2014
In reply to mc2006:

They're the Tesco of car sales. Glasgow's where he's from.
Can't say they give any message beyond that.

Whereas the window stickers put there by car owners themselves are far more informative.
In reply to ow arm:

> its really sad to see all those ugly AC stickers still on cars

I've always assumed that the cars with AC stickers on are hire cars; recently spotted them on the right rear bumper.

People hiring cars don't usually peel off the hirer's sticker; it will probably result in a loss of deposit...

Dave Garnett 25 Mar 2014
In reply to ow arm

> its really sad to see all those ugly AC stickers still on cars

I've never noticed. The AC is normally pretty discreet, not like all those bloody BMC stickers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...