UKC

Video editing/creating. What's worth using?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 25 Mar 2014
Now that I'm getting into Timelapse stuff, I'd like some good video editing software that can stitch my JPEGS together.

I have Power Director Delux 8, which is a great bit of software but will not allow me to show 24 JPEGS in a second. Shame really as it does everything else.

A year or so Adobe Premier Pro 2 was made available to the public on the web, and I snapped a copy up but it is incredibly complicated and I don't have a scooby.

At the moment I'm using Window's Movie Maker to stitch the images together but I'm not too happy with the final results and would like something a little more sophisticated, for a punter such as myself.

And as for creating the Time Lapse movies in android, Kit Kat, the only app that actually works most of the time is 'Lisa Time Lapse'. The other main apps either crash Kit Kat or corrupt the JPEGS while they are either being captured or rendered.

Any ideas on good software to create Time-lapse movies on a Desktop computer?
 ChrisJD 25 Mar 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Upgrade to PD-12 Ultra?

It's come on a bit since V8
 Marek 25 Mar 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
>
> At the moment I'm using Window's Movie Maker to stitch the images together but I'm not too happy with the final results and would like something a little more sophisticated...

Tell us why you're 'not too happy' and what features you want (or what you are trying to acheive) and you may get more useful suggestions.
 rallymania 25 Mar 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
sony vegas is well regarded, you can get versions for about £40 on amazon for example

adobe premier pro is very good, but you need to invest a bit of time in learning to use it properly. version 2 is pretty old though, i've got 5 and it's what 3 generations old now? (5.5, 6 and the version in CC)
Post edited at 11:18
OP The Lemming 25 Mar 2014
In reply to Marek:

> Tell us why you're 'not too happy' and what features you want (or what you are trying to acheive) and you may get more useful suggestions.

I'm hoping to create movies with stitching thousands of JPEGS, which have been titillated in Lightroom, which do not flicker or stutter.

Windows Movie Maker does a fair job but the timing isn't quite right and I'd like my shots to look a bit more than 'Blue Pererish'.
 Fraser 25 Mar 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

A couple of months ago, I'd have had no hesitation in recommending Sony Vegas. But after my recent experiences with it, I'd say AVOID.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=579903&v=1#x7693573

Consequently, I downloaded the Premier Elements trial which puts a watermark over the whole final video file, but it seems quite good. It's a usual timeline style editor, so should be fairly familiar interface. They have 3 different expertise settings to suit your ability, so you can set it to diddy-mode if you really don't have a clue.
In reply to rallymania:

> sony vegas is well regarded, you can get versions for about £40 on amazon for example

Having a quick tinker with the free trial of Sony Movie Studio and it would seem that the smallest time span can only go down to 0.1 seconds per slide. This means that 25 slides would take 2.5 seconds.

It also had a strop and crashed when I asked it to open 1,800 JPEGS.

Worth a try though.

Cheers
 Fraser 25 Mar 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

If it's purely for timelapse 'movies', there's a way of doing this totally within Photoshop. Try google/youtubing - I found a decent one in there a while back and it seemed fairly straightforward. From memory, the demo file was all in HD of an overhead view down a canal.
In reply to Fraser:

I recall a youtube saying that Lightroom could do this too, but have not experimented yet.

My photoshop is ancient CS2.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...