Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Jobs in the big smoke

Andy DB - on 25 Mar 2014
OK UKC so I'm just coming to the end of a PhD in a University in the North East and lucky me I have managed to secure myself 2 job offers. Which I appreciate is good going in the current economic climate and I shouldn't grumble. The problem is I am having difficulty choosing between them.

One job is for a local IT firm, staying where I am. Looks like a nice job reasonable pay etc fairly interesting nice company who seem to really care about their employees.

The other is for an Oil industry consultancy but down in West London. Scientifically a really exciting job loads of potential opportunities a fair bit extra money working for a new dynamic company, in research and development, probably hard work and quite cut and thrust.

Now my head says that I should grab the job in London and go it will be a great experience I could do really well out of it. My heart says I love living in the North East it's cheap, the beer is nice the hills are close the Mrs's has a permanent job here and the job I've been offered here is good. Why make life complicated.

Anyway not really sure what this will achieve but let's here your thoughts.

... not showing 25 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums