UKC

update from 03 Oct 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BigHell 25 Mar 2014

After months of NHS cancellations it seem that at last I am about to undergo this procedure . Due to the cancellations this now means I have only fifteen weeks to recover before my trip to Chamonix .

(3 Oct 2013)
Anyone undertaken this operation ? I am waiting to have this done to the left knee, it's been a very quiet year for me, just plodding along not climbing not doing much really. Met with the surgeon yesterday, he said once this is done I should be good to go ...go climbing again.
So I was wondering if anyone on here has undertaken this operation and if so what results were found . Advice please .
Post edited at 16:07
 tony 25 Mar 2014
In reply to BigHell:

It might help to say what the operation is.
OP BigHell 25 Mar 2014
In reply to tony:

I think I did in the original post. Hemicap Knee resurfacing . Basically I have developed a hole in the left knee cap the Hemicap screw re fills the hole. The surgeon says it could take up to six months to fully recover.
OP BigHell 29 Mar 2014
In reply to BigHell:
Two days since the operation, the knee is very sore but not too badly swollen ,I am also still getting some bleeding around the wound which is around five inches long .
Also having to give myself injections of Fragmini which prevents blood clots , which is not helping to stem the bleeding from the wound .
Post edited at 18:39

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...