Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Kit for the Alps

Street - on 25 Mar 2014
Well I'm off to the Alps this summer for the first time so have a few questions on kit! I'm going over at the start of July to spend some time learning things, doing some routes and plan on heading up Mont Blanc. What sort of temperatures should I be preparing for?

I've got a pair of Trango Extreme Evo GTX which I've used in the UK in winter and they keep my feet toasty but are they going to be warm enough at 4000m+?

I tend to wear Montane Terra Pants year round in the UK with HH long johns underneath when it gets properly cold. Is this going to be suitable for the Alps or would thicker trousers be better?

For the top half I generally wear a baselayer and R1 fleece with an Atom LT and Rab Stretch Neo for when it's colder/wet and sometimes carry an Atom SV for extra insulation if it's really cold in the winter. I'm assuming this will be OK for the Alps too.

Thanks!
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums