UKC

Eight days in the Pyrenees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 26 Mar 2014
I will be heading to the Pyrenees for the third time for eight days hiking in the first two weeks of June. I have walked from the Med to Ax les Thermes so far and I am of a mind to continue onwards on either the HRP or GR10. I know the Ariege can logistically be a little awkward and I am wondering if it would be best to bypass much of this area and head further west. I like to take in some peaks on the way and are there some "must do's" in the area.
OP goatee 05 Apr 2014
In reply to goatee:

Bump
In reply to goatee:

I really like the Ariege and that neck of the woods. It'd seem a shame to bypass it if you're 'doing' the Pyrenees east-west in chunks, even if there's more impressive stuff a little further west (in my opinion).

Some ideas in this destination article: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/page.php?id=3566

Peak wise, Puig Carlit and the Dent D'Orlu are two of the highlights of the area
OP goatee 06 Apr 2014
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: Thanks Dan, I did Carlit last year and it is indeed a fine mountain. The ones further west will be there next year I guess.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...