UKC

Ski Scotland this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Looks like a general thaw for the weekend, any thoughts as to whether it will be worth me driving quite a way to ski either Nevis or East Coast (piste) this weekend?

I'm thinking people closer who know how good/much snow there is may be able to advise?

Thanks
 Roguevfr 27 Mar 2014
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:
www.ski.visitscotland.com/conditions
 mike123 27 Mar 2014
In reply to Simonfarfaraway: not looked at the forecast for the weekend but was up at cairngorm monday and Tuesday . Very windy on the plateau on Monday so abandoned skin up the fiacal ridge and had an excellent afternoon piste skiing , the snow was perfect until just before the car park . Heather bashed / skinned up to the top of lurchers on Tuesday morning , very nice ski down on spring snow , again a few bits of heather bashing but managed to link snow patches to below where the path curves up into snechda . Car park runs we're looking a bit muddy on Tuesday aft but there was still just enough snow to ski onto the lowest button. Provided the winds have eased if I would say it's still well the drive.

mike123 27 Mar 2014
Well worth the drive
 mike123 27 Mar 2014
Sorry for spelling . Phone + fat fingers . Hope it helps anyway.
In reply to mike123:

Thanks Mike, waiting to see what forecast is like re wind....
 AG 27 Mar 2014

looks not bad on sat..west has loads of snow but the east also looks good ...back corries look esp good at nevis.
 Webster 29 Mar 2014
In reply to AG:

back corries are currently closed as they're to icy I believe... great for climbing thought!

as for the OP, if your accustomed to Scottish skiing then there is still phenomenal amounts of snow on the pists, well worth the drive (the west has the most snow). spring snow mind and you wont find any freshies but what we have will last a good while yet even with the coming thaw.
 Cuthbert 29 Mar 2014
In reply to Webster:

13 of us when touring on Sgurr an Doire Leathain (Glen Shiel) today. Amazing but very variable snow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...