UKC

Do you have high blood pressure?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jack_44 27 Mar 2014
Hello,

I am doing a research project for my college course regarding awareness of those with high-blood pressure. Just wondering if anyone would be so kind as to take two minutes to fill out a short questionnaire. If anyone willing to participate would like to reply to this post and I can attach it to an email.

Thank you very much.

Jack.

Dave Garnett 27 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

You could have a look through the Down the Pub threads and try emailing the more obvious candidates directly!

Sorry, I'd help if I could but luckily I don't qualify.
 Dax H 27 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

Hairyweasel@googlemail.com
My BP is not massively high but it's high enough for the doc to be monitoring it.
Moley 27 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

Yes, if you want to contact me through the site (private message) I'll do the questionnaire
 markAut 27 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

My blood pressure has always been high. A bit of disliking doctors, but even the home test kit reads me higher than I should be.
OP jack_44 27 Mar 2014
In reply to Moley:

I am unable to contact you through private message on here but happy to attach it to an email or something. Don't worry if you don't want to post your email address.
 johncook 27 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

Low heart rate and low BP so sorry can't help.
 Milkman 27 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

I have high bp. On drugs to help

Message me private and happy to do questionare

Cog 27 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

I'm on pills for it. Send me the questions if you like.

cragger @ mac . com
 RockAngel 28 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

Wish there was more research on the effects of low Bo & heart rate!
altirando 28 Mar 2014
In reply to RockAngel:

Agree. I would particularly want to know how someone with low bp and heart rate can get clogged up and need an angioplasty as I did. And why the gp tried to give me drugs for high bp despite this.
 RockAngel 28 Mar 2014
In reply to altirando:

I used to have severe dizzy spells due to low bp and my gp was useless. Told me to always have some boiled sweets with me for the sugar boost hoping that would help. It didn't stop the dizzy spells. It went up to a normal bp while I was fatter but now I've lost some of it and exercising more it's down to my normal, which is v low for everyone else. Medical folk know what to do about high bp but not much about low bp and it's effects.
 RockAngel 28 Mar 2014
In reply to altirando:

Cholesterol? Some genetic mutation? History of heart disease in your family?
Moley 28 Mar 2014
In reply to jack_44:

I'm worried now, I hadn't heard of half the problems on the questionnaire. I think ignorance was bliss!
altirando 29 Mar 2014
In reply to RockAngel:

Yeah I had cholesterol going over 5.0 clogging an artery which the gp had failed to tell me about. And after the angioplasty put me on drugs that lowered by bp even more giving me little dizzy spells. I came to the conclusion that a recent reduction in intensive activity after years of cycle racing, mountaineering, running led to a build up of cholesterol. Blood not speeding round the body as it was used to. An old friend recently with a similar cycling background had a pacemaker fitted due to a build up of fat after his reduction in aerobic activity.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...