UKC

icloud Numbers / Pages sync

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pretty new to the icloud on Mac & after some info.

My contacts, calendar, notes, reminders all sync fine, even if they are altered when offline.

What I want to do is use a documents in Numbers or Pages that I can work on offline that will sync via icloud to other devices when back on line.

It seems if i save to icloud I have no version on my hard disk, am i missing something obvious?

Cheers
In reply to Glenn Sutcliffe:

Really, no one any idea
 SouthernSteve 01 Apr 2014

I think this is the not correct behaviour, but if you want synced documents on and off line, Dropbox or similar is easier and in my experience safer

iCloud can store your documents and be available off line, but you need to go to System preferences, to the iCloud panel and select documents and then explicitly select iPages from the list of applications under options. Hope this helps. iCloud sync is a resource hog and to me Dropbox seems much better, will much easier sharing options.
 Colin Moody 01 Apr 2014

I couldn't work out how to save a pages document to icloud. But it works fine if I create a new document and use the option to save on icloud, I can then read the document on my phone.

Not sure if that helps!

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info

Dropbox seems to be the answer, I did not realise I could still access files when offline.

Cheers

Glenn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...