UKC

Wasdale Head

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 1poundSOCKS 29 Mar 2014
I don't really know the area at all for climbing. Which crags would be in the best condition at the moment? Single pitch is fine, but multi-pitch would be better.

Thanks,

Mathew.
 Mark Eddy 29 Mar 2014
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Depends when you want to go. For tomorrow i'd head to the Napes area of Great Gable then onto Westmorland crag, but when it cools down again they'll both be a bit chilly.
OP 1poundSOCKS 29 Mar 2014
In reply to A Mountain Journey: Thanks. It'll be next Saturday actually. Not sure where to go, just wondering where's best to consider.

Bob 29 Mar 2014
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Buckbarrow at the bottom end of the valley can be in nick should the higher crags be wet. I have turned up when the crag is wet and it has dried at a rate such that we got a full day's climbing done. There is some part of the crag that is in the sun for most of the day. Just ten minutes from the road.
In reply to Bob: Thanks, that sounds a good option to consider.

Jon Stewart 29 Mar 2014
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

> the Napes area of Great Gable then onto Westmorland crag

Or Kern Knotts and then on to the Napes. I've had an excellent borderline weather day doing that.
In reply to Jon Stewart: Already done it.

stuart58 30 Mar 2014
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:
Read up on the history of english rock climbing this where it first started and was first recorded
OP 1poundSOCKS 30 Mar 2014
In reply to stuart58: I have, but I've got a terrible memory. I suppose I could read and forget it all over again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...