UKC

Compex electronic muscle stimulators

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan Pierce 30 Mar 2014
Has anyone got any experience with these devices and how good are they at relieving muscle soreness etc
 RupertD 30 Mar 2014
In reply to Alan Pierce:

They were popular with some climbers about 6 years ago. I had one until it broke after about 2 years. I thought they were probably quite effective as an add on to training, but i quickly realised that I wasnt training enough to justify 1/2 an hour sitting with my arms twitching electronically. I think I once read that Paxti thought the same thing and he was doing about 10x the volume i was. I think they were better for the training programmes than the recovery ones, but these were not an easy option compared with actual climbing training. It hurt like f*ck. The recovery modes were quite relaxing in comparison but I'm not convinced it was that effective. You dont really hear much about tgem being used anymore so I guess other people felt the same.
OP Alan Pierce 03 Apr 2014
In reply to RupertD:

Cheers for that Rupert. I actually purchased one the other day its called GLOBUS PREMIUM 200 and i have been experimenting with it and yes you are right it can hurt if you turn the power up too much but i messed about with putting the pads on diferent parts of my forearms and managed to get my hand flexor muscles working which should be useful for muscle balance and avoidance of tendonitis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...