Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Mountain Equipment Tupilak decisions

reecesanford - on 30 Mar 2014
Just picked up a replacement ME Tupilak jacket for an older version that Gore said was faulty.
I got a real bargain with my old version and was very happy when being told i was getting what ive been told a 2014/15 model. Snow and Rock said they dont even sell it yet.

However the fit is slightly different (arm length seems longer and hood bigger) so im unsure whether to keep it or sell it.

Plus a few posts ive read people have said if its not ice climbing your using it for then forget it.

I never intended using the old model for ice climbing, but it was too good a bargain to turn down.

So im interested in peoples opinion. I will be using the jacket more for hillwalking in all weathers. My last model was pretty much bulletproof one day on Snowdon. Rain from all angles and for keeping me dry i was impressed. But that was a 4 year old version.Surely the new version should be as good.

No idea what i would get for the jacket, that still includes tags and had only been tried on in the shop and retails at 330.

And then theres the question of what jacket i would get with the money from the Tupilak if i sold it.

Is the Tupilak better suited as an ice climbing jacket or just as good for torrential downpours, snow, hailstones walking in the hills.
... not showing 22 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums