UKC

An April Fool extra special thanks.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Alpkit 01 Apr 2014
premier post photo
This year we poked some fun at broadcasting and the peculiar issue about the logos presenters have on their jackets getting taped up. http://www.alpkit.com/logo

In doing so we might have crossed the line with some of our fellow outdoor brands.

We have not received any death threats, abusive phone calls or writs. So before we do, here is a special shout out to those brands, along with past and present colleagues, that I hope we haven't annoyed too much.

Montane
The team at Montane defiantly hold their own against the heavyweights and have always showed great attention to detail, so you can travel further, faster.

Rab
We have the utmost respect for taking a UK mountain brand, born from decades of climbing trips, to a worldwide market.

Mountain Equipment
Synonymous with worldwide mountain exploration, it has remained a brand who are what they say they are.

Sigg
We have been using these for over 30 years, and probably another 30.

Arctreyx
We'd argue that this brand has done more to change the look, quality and function of mountain clothing than any other. Respect

Petzl - Lyon Equipment
If you are over 40 then the ZOOM would have been your first headtorch. Despite intense competition they always deliver innovation in lighting, climbing and safety equipment.

Jottnar
An impressive first year with a single minded approach to take on the big guys, we know how hard that is.

Scarpa
We love Scarpa boots, and even when we stray from the path we soon come back.

I'd also like to give a special mention to Jake at Montane for ensuring that I sign this off

Nick
Co -Founder of Alpshit
44 years of talking crap
 Ava Adore 01 Apr 2014
In reply to Alpkit:

Fantastic post
 Tony the Blade 02 Apr 2014
In reply to Alpkit:

A brilliant thread, but I fear you omitted the most important brand of them all...

The North Face
Keeping intrepid news & weather reporters warm as they tackle the freezing cold breeze on a March morning in Devon, whilst selflessly bringing us up-to-the-minute reports.
 climber34neil 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Indeed! And of course the only real way to find out which brands are "in" is to tune in to country file every sunday. Dont put it on series link though as by the time you watch it julia and ellie will be wearing something else!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...